Central European Initiative
Central European Initiative (hereinafter – CEI) is a regional intergovernmental forum committed to supporting European integration through cooperation among its Member States. It combines multilateral diplomacy and project management, both as donor and recipient, while bridging European macro-regions. On 1 January 2017 the Presidency of the CEI was assumed by Belarus, CEI Member since 1996. Belarus chose “Promoting connectivity in a Wider Europe” as the main theme of its' Presidency that is in line with the distinctive features of the CEI and interests of all member countries.
Belarus considers the CEI as an effective tool for expansion and strengthening the regional cooperation through implementation of joint projects in energy efficiency, sustainable development, ecology, science and technology, and other important spheres.
CEI membership facilitates distribution of information about the Belarusian state and society in Europe, and helps Belarus receive financial and expert assistance under the targeted cooperation projects, thus contributing to gradual harmonization of the national norms and technical standards with the EU standards.
The objectives of the conference include:
- Resuming high level expert dialogue on state of the art and prospects of cooperation in STI in CEI region,
- Discussing possibilities to expand STI cooperation in biopharmacy and agricultural biotechnologies and the role of business in it,
- Generating and discussing concrete project ideas for the benefit of the CEI region on the topics of the conference to be further proposed for implementation within EU-funded programmes and other funding instruments,
- Contributing to shaping of CEI agenda for 2018-2020 and bilateral cooperation between CEI member states in STI.
- Ministers of CEI member states and other high officials responsible for science, technology and innovation, as well as for health and agriculture & food sectors development,
- Representatives of research centers, universities and business working in biopharmacy and biotechnologies for agriculture,
- Representatives of the European Commission, EBRD, other international organizations and donors.
Language: EN, RU. Simultaneous translation is foreseen
To register, please, fill in a registration form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a topic “CEI Ministerial Conference” by 26 September 2017.
Mr. Sergey Sinukovich, State Committee on Science and Technology of Belarus
Phone +375 17 2840314, email: email@example.com
Ms. Olga Meerovskaya, BelISA, phone +375 17 2033139, mobile +375 29 6612576, email: firstname.lastname@example.org